- Tattoos are extremely popular, with one in three Individuals having one.
- They’re extra widespread with girls than males.
- Tattoos have been used for medicinal functions for 1000’s of years.
- At the moment they’re used to cowl surgical scars and to rebuild the breast
Tattoos have change into extremely popular lately: roughly, one in three The Individuals have one. One other curious reality is that it’s extra widespread with girls than males. July 17 was created as worldwide day of those motifs on the pores and skin.
The hyperlink between tattoos and drugs has been very shut for 1000’s of years. Otzi,’Ice manThe one who lived 5,000 years in the past and was discovered within the Austrian Alps in 1991 had 61 tattoos. Some, in areas such because the knee or ankle, are believed to have therapeutic functions, as he was affected by arthritis. Nevertheless, specialists don’t exclude that they might have symbolic functions.
At the moment, some breast most cancers sufferers use tattoos or to brighten areas of the physique which have undergone surgical procedure. Fatima Castaño, psycho-oncologist on the MD Anderson Most cancers Middle Madrid (Spain) explains that the areola tattoo – the circle that surrounds the nipple – is linked to the aesthetic consequence of breast reconstruction: when the breast is eliminated, as a consequence of a malignant lesion or for prevention, it’s reconstructed by prosthesis After a couple of months, if the affected person needs, the areola may be reconstructed, in order that the nipple could be very related in form and colour to the opposite breast.
- First, the nipple is reconstructed with pores and skin from the reconstructed breast, with a part of the opposite nipple, with pores and skin from the elbow or from one other a part of the physique.
- After that, the aura may be reconstructed or tattooed. This second possibility is the one that’s superimposed and is carried out with native anesthesia and with out the necessity for hospitalization
“One of these tattoo aesthetically ends the reconstruction course of and reduces the aesthetic impact of getting a breast with no nipple. The aesthetic result’s superb and new tattoo methods obtain colour and visible perfection of texture that make sufferers very proud of the consequence: they see a fuller chest,” Castano confirms.
Tattoo after surgical procedure
One other group of sufferers are those that use tattoos to cowl up scars which are normally attributable to surgical procedure. For the psychiatrist, along with protecting them up, “they supply symbolism: sufferers select to tattoo photos which are very symbolic to them, associated to a private course of and even what the illness course of means for them. They appear rather a lot for tattoo photos, particularly within the acceptance course of and start to consider what to They should do after the sickness.”
His expertise contains personalities similar to:
- The phoenix is the hen that rises from its ashes and exhibits the need for supremacy
- Flowers and different motifs that evoke sweetness, energy, or magnificence in order that sufferers can rebuild their magnificence
Written by Javier Granda Revilla
Copyright © 2023 Spanish Info and Communication Community, Inc. (HITN). All rights reserved.
Picture: © Shutterstock / Rawpixel.com
“Social media evangelist. Pupil. Reader. Troublemaker. Typical introvert.”